Monday, December 17, 2012

No break for break

Lord knows I have been trying, since Eleanor arrived, to guard my free time and not let work encroach on my weekends and breaks. I have been doing a good job. Better than Josh, whose job does not allow him time during the day to grade. But between work overload and PhD requirements the upcoming winter break will be chock full of all the PhD related business I can't find time for right now: paper revisions, lit reviews, coursework planning, and PhD proposaling.

Proposaling sounds like something you might do with a mug of mulled wine, out of doors, with friends, to the tune of Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, right? Sadly it is not so.

And we are already planning ways to fill up summer break next year. Among them:

  1. move temporarily to Baltimore so that HK can take half-day or full day stats and epi classes 
  2. while working fulltime?
  3. and starting up my work travel schedule since Eleanor will no longer be dependent on my body for sustenance and Josh will have "free time"?
  4. and making family trips to California, France, Amherst, Illinois, camping, the beach, etc.

How can I get to be three places at once?

No comments:

Post a Comment