Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Instant Fish

Josh is in the last 9 days of finishing the dissertation, so I'm in charge of dinner this week. Last night I came home, went running (let's hear it for Lady Gaga, by the way, who makes this possible), and literally whipped up dinner. Two barramundi filets were thawed; leek confit was reheated, as was some indian spinach that Josh had made a few days earlier. I threw some pecans in the Cuisinart and added salt, slapped that onto the fish for a nice nutty crust, and pan fried (sauteed? what's the difference?) the fish until dark brown and cooked through (longer than I had expected). Slap those puppies down on a bed of leeks with spinach on the side and some barely toasted frozen homemade sourdough bread and you have yourself a pretty nice meal! The pecans gave a nice crunch and the leeks (and their butter) were a perfect mouthful with the white fish.

Fish is my favorite fast food.

No comments:

Post a Comment